Tuesday 22 July 2014

The Holy Grail Of Foundation Brushes

blogging 1

Of course it would be impossible for me to just choose one holy grail as i have so many favourites for different makeup. I prefer a certain density in my brushes when applying different foundations to my face. A girl can never have to many foundation brushes!

Real Techniques Core collection face brushes

Superdrug £20.99 HERE
The core collection from Real Techniques has to be the best group of face brushes i own. The pack contains; a detailer brush, which i specifically use for concealing my problem areas BUT when i have a messy lipstick it's handy to use on my lips to the desired precision and shape. A pointed foundation brush, which i use for a light coverage foundation or my primer and BB/CC cream. The dreamy and my absolute favourite, the buffing brush! Amazing with mac studio fix and leaves a smooth and even finish on the skin. Ideal for full coverage and can also be used to apply translucent powder. I also use it after i have applied my contour to blend everything in, it leaves my skin looking more even and well blended. The next brush in the kit is the contour brush, i used to just use an eyeshadow brush to draw a faint dark line and then blend it out with a foundation brush but since i got the contour brush i could never go back, the way the brush is shaped contours exactly were you want it to, the shape of the brush helps with creating a dark shadow but blends at the same time 0 leaving a soft focus finish.



Real Techniques Stippling brush

Superdrug £10.99 HERE
The stippling brush is another well used brush within my kit. The density of the bristles allows the foundation to get right into your skin and leaves an airbrushed finish. I like using this brush with a heavier foundation as the stippled allow it to apply more coverage so one coat is enough, i also use it to blend after i've stippled and it works really well at doing the job. Like all the brushes by Real Techniques, they are lightweight and extremely good quality in terms of every last detail.

Real Techniques Blush brush

Superdrug £9.99 HERE
I am not one for blusher, occasionally i will pick up a highlighter for the top of my cheek bones with a tinge of pink in it but i'm not overly appreciative of blusher. However i love the shape and feel of this brush with bronzer or setting powder, once i've applied my contour i like to go over it with a bigger brush just to even everything out and with this brush being a bigger yet same shaped brush as the contour brush i feel it still gives the same effect and finishes the look off perfectly.

Real Techniques complexion sponge

Boots £5.99 HERE
It took me a long time to get to grips of the idea of using a sponge damp or dry to apply my foundation but i was pleasantly surprised with the finish. Not only does the sponge have a very clever 3 ways to apply your liquid foundation but it also leaves your skin looking and feeling pixel perfect, the dreamy base. The precision tip is to hide and cover the blemishes and imperfections among troubled areas of the face, the flat edge works well in contouring around the eyes and nose, and the rounded sides blend all of the foundation with the dabbing motion. You can of course use the sponge wet or dry but my personal preference is to slightly damp the sponge and then adding foundation directly to it, i feel it spreads easily when transferring from the sponge to your face.
If you have any questions about the brushes please comment an i will get back to you. Also, i am keen to know what your favourite makeup brushes are or others you think i might love! I will be uploading a tutorial on how to use all of these brushes so keep an eye out very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment