Saturday 26 July 2014

Bedroom Redecoration

IMG_8702

As some of you may know, i have recently moved back home to live with my parents from University. I decided that when i came back i would settle myself back in by getting some things in order! One of these was to redecorate and organise my bedroom. I cannot stand surrounding myself in mess any longer and i feel that with a bedroom you're unhappy with, it's quite easy to not care that you're most likely ok with living in squalor. Over the last couple of weeks i've been gathering some inspiration online and in stores like ikea and next's home department. I'm not one of those people who likes a lot of colour at all and this goes for my bedroom/living space also, I prefer everything to have a clean and modern style to it but also have some kind of character along with it. My colour palette is actually, quite literally just plain white, everywhere. I have a good relationship with white, in terms of how it makes me feel and how it looks against skin and just everything else! I may have the odd unusual plant on my bedside table or a little bit of black somewhere but the majority of my bedroom will be white. I plan on having my real wooden floorboards painted into a matte white, my oak kingsize bed headboard painted in white along with the frame, bed linen and curtains, furniture, door, even anything i use for storage like my makeup storage will have to be white. Id hate anything to look out of place. Waking up in a white room is also extremely good for you it helps you to stay calm and relaxed, you feel more organised and clean; this is good for the mind "a tidy room, a tidy mind"

IMG_8701

IMG_8700

I'm hoping to end up with something similar to these images, i've taken these and used them for inspiration in hope that i end up with a similar end product. At the moment i'm on a hunt for some decent storage to store my makeup in, ive seen a few in ikea including the famous Alex Drawers but i want something a little more unique. If you know of any online or high street stores with unusual furniture please do let me know, i'm looking to explore my interior design skills a little bit further!

No comments:

Post a Comment