Monday 21 July 2014

July Wishlist

wishlist 1


|Over the past couple of years my makeup collection has become quite impressive, i always feel guilty when i buy more as the majority of it is products i don't need but of course, want!|
Kat Von D - Lock It Foundation

Sephora $34.00 HERE
I have wanted this foundation for a few months now, i have watched endless reviews and heard so many good things about this product. I am guilty of spending a lot of money on foundation and many that i don't need. But the most important thing within my makeup routine is my foundation, i like heavy coverage and every blemish hidden from the eyes. I find that with other foundations other than my current mac studio fix, i have to apply a lot of it and really build it up to create the look i want. However i always end up looking like a complete cake face and transfering my face onto expensive clothing! This is why i only trust two foundations currently, those being my holy grail mac studio fix fluid and of course the dupe for this, revlon colour stay. When i read reviews on the Kat Von D foundation i could see only good points about it. One thing that really attracted me to this product was that one layer of foundation was as equal to 2 layers of studio fix (what i normally do) and it dries MATTE! which to me is the golden rule of a base. I am yet to review this product so keep an eye out for when i do.




Illamasqua Orange Lipstick

Illamasqua £18.50 HERE
As all of my friends and family know, i am a massive lipstick hoarder, i own a ridiculous amount and the collection keeps growing. Im ok with this though as a girl can never have too many lipsticks in my opinion. I especially love bright colours as i'm pale, this makes them pop and during any season i think the look of a bold lipstick is really complimenting. For S/S '14 the orange lip trend is right up there, and this orange by illamasqua is the ideal bright summer orange. A colour on my eyes i like to use when wearing an orange lip is a blue liner under my eyes, the colours work really well together, especially if the orange lipstick has tones of blue in it. This is a statement lip colour, go grab it, you wont be disappointed.

O.P.I Care To Danse Nail Gel

Amazon £6.49 HERE
I have been growing out my nails these past couple of months and i've begun the collection of good quality nail varnishes/gels. I have found the ones i love most are the gels from O.P.I, the application is quick and easy and they wear really well, i never have problems with chipping or fading. I recently found love in nude colours and this OPI "care to danse" is one hundred percent on my shopping list for this month!

Illamasqua sheer gloss in Opulent

Illamasqua £16.50 HERE
How long have i wanted a sheer nude gloss for? A VERY LONG TIME. Ive always been dubious to nude glosses as i always wear bold bright colours. My view on nudes however changed when i tried my friends Opulent gloss over a lip pencil from mac and oh let me tell you, it was love! I have wanted to purchase this product for a few weeks now and it is number one on my list of NEED. Ive looked into more nude glosses and lipsticks and another love of mine is MYTH by mac, i love mac lipsticks, they've my favourite but i always go for the matte textures as i like the 60's makeup style and i feel a lot of matte products give your face that vintage feel.

Mac Cosmetics lip pencil in Subculture

Mac Cosmetics £12.50 HERE
The only colours i find i need to use a lip pencil with are nudes and reds as i find these are the most likely of lipsticks to bleed into the small lines around my mouth. Using a nude lip pencil all over my lips and then adding a gloss is a favourite natural look which can worn in the daytime or dressed up with a dark eye for going out in the evening. I love these mac pencils and after having my makeup done in store with a nude lip, it was meant to be!

Clinique Solutions

Clinique £25.00 HERE
Although im not a sufferer of acne, i always struggle in finding a facial lotion that suits my skin type and personal preference. I stock up on this monthly and since i first used it i will never go back to another facial lotion of any other sort. I have normal to dry skin and this keeps my face at a normal consistency that i can deal with daily, i moisturise with it before i put my primer and foundation on, i feel that it acts as a primer also so on days im in a rush i dont need to add a primer to my face. This lotion is a golden product of mine, i feel lost without it.

If you yourself use any of these products please let me know what you think of them, especially the ones i havent tried, i would appreciate the opinions!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment