Sunday 27 July 2014

Dreaming Of The Balm

IMG_6570
I discovered The Balm last year and i have wanted a couple of particular products from them for a while now. I plan on purchasing these items and trying them out, but for now i just wanted to tell you a bit about why i love these products in particular and why i've wanted them for so long. What originally attracted me to The Balm was the unique packaging that all of their products come in. The packaging is vintage and very 1940's pinup girl, i find that this is a theme throughout the products even down to the colours in their eyeshadow pallets, lipsticks, blush and bronzers. The first product from the balm i want to talk to you about is their eye primer "Put A Lid On It", I have been looking for a decent eye primer for a long time other than my urban decay primer potion (which i love by the way), i just want to change things up a bit and see how others work. I have read numerous reviews from fellow bloggers and watched youtube videos on this product and i've heard nothing but excellent things about it. I have a few eyeshadows already from the balm and they last all day and are so, so pigmented after i experienced how amazing their products were i knew i had to try more and the primer would be something i use a lot with the shadows.



The lipsticks by the balm have to be my favourite product that they sell. The colours are so vintage and so pigmented, i love how the shades mia moore and amanda kiss my lips most. Im a huge lipstick wearer, hoarder, owner, buyer, everything. And my favourite colours to wear on my lips are reds and dark shades like the ones pictured above. I love a good quality blue toned vintage red like this one from the balm. It works really well with my skin tone, in the winter i am extremely pale and a red lip in my opinion looks a great contrast. Saying this though, i wear reds and dark lips all year round. Im not one of those girls who keeps select colours for select seasons, i mean dont get me wrong i do love my oranges, pinks, nudes for summer but i also like wearing them in the winter too, i like to mix it up a bit.


Examples Of Packaging i love by the balm
The Balm



Find these products HERE!


If you have any suggestions and favourites from the Balm please comment and let me know as i would love to hear your opinions about their products too!


Dont forget to follow me on bloglovin!


























No comments:

Post a Comment