Monday 11 August 2014

My Weekend Face

Over the weekend i went to celebrate one of my oldest and dearest friends on graduating! she is now a fully qualified lovely little nurse! It was really nice to catch up and see some old friends who i went to school with all that long time ago. I was surprised to see that things hadn't changed much and apart from the numerous amounts of hair colour changes, we all pretty much look the same. We started off in the back garden, catching up and talking about funny memories we had of each other when growing up, one of them being when i was the victim of a serious fringe attack, and another of when i hit my friend with a roller skate in the face! (desirable friend) Then i was delighted with a free bar in the garden! I don't really know if i should use the word 'delighted' because i really regret it being there now, i drank copious amounts of vodka before the place filled up and my head is still hurting to this day. There was also an impressive buffet there with the most amazing little treats but i was good and only ate fruit, but i'm assuming this was because i was already drunk at this point and i wasn't hungry, or that the taste of the strawberry being in my champagne drew me to the fruit bowl! After we had all had one too many vodkas we decided we should go ''out out'' and it all went downhill from the moment we got in the car to Liverpool. It was worth it though!
IMG_7402

Products I used
Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
Rimmel Translucent Powder
Avon Bronzing and Highlight Pearls
Loreal Telescopic Mascara
Anastasia BH Dip Brow
Mac Omega eyeshadow (Eye lids, Powder brow)
Sleek Makeup Palette Black Eyeshadow (Lips)
Mac Russian Red Lipstick
Benefit Eyeliner
Nars Liquid Highlighter

*If you're wondering what i meant by the eyeshadow on my lips: i couldnt find my dark lipstick so i ran a bit of lipbalm over my lips and used a matte black to blend over them to create the illusion of a matte lipstick, i applied a little bit of russian red to it also to give it a burgundy tone and not just a flat colour. It contrasted well with the brown shadow on my eyes.

IMG_9258

On Sunday i was hungover and didn't feel like doing too much but i was messing around with makeup as i usually do! I have nobody else to paint so i sometimes try out new things on myself. I was looking at different ways to contour and highlight etc, I dont like using too many foundations or cream foundations to contour with as i don't always have a lot of time on my hands to blend it all out etc! I will talk with you more about my contour and highlighting techniques but for now heres a quick summary of what i did in the image above. I created my base as normal with my studio fix fluid and then i set my foundation with translucent powder under my eyes. To create the sharp contour look all you need is to find were your cheek bone actually is, suck your cheeks in if it helps! Then with a thin eyeshadow brush, hold it in line with the top of your ear to the corner of your mouth. Then apply some bronzer to the shadow brush and shade in a line half way across your cheek, stopping when it gets in line with your pupil, don't draw it right to the mouth as this can look unflattering! Once you have your line, blend some more powder in with a contour brush and blend it up and outwards. What you have done here is created a line which really defines the cheek bone but blended it so it doesn't look harsh but still kept the depth. If you highlight with this it creates an even more beautiful look. But be careful not to go over board with the powder otherwise it can make you look bruised, and we don't want that now do we?

Products I used
Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
Rimmel Translucent Powder
Avon Bronzing and Highlight Pearls
Mac ProLash Mascara
Sleek eyebrow Palette
Mac Russian Red Lipstick mixed with Morange
Benefit Eyeliner
Nars Liquid Highlighter
Rimmel concealer


1 comment:

  1. Woow I love your makeup! It looks so flawless. I can never pull off with that dark shade on my lips but you definitely did!
    It seems you had fun haha!
    Your blogs amazing!
    -xo
    Amaal
    http://amoraxo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete