Wednesday 13 August 2014

Daily Brows

IMG_9479

As some of you may know, my favourite part of my makeup routine is doing my eyebrows. They are so important when it comes to your makeup, especially in the shaping of your face! I am a perfectionist when it comes to them and if anything is out of place it can make your whole face messy and uneven and its a serious pet peeve of mine. I agree with the quote "your eyebrows are sisters and not twins" and yeah mine are sisters... just ones that look a little bit like twins! I have to have them almost identical and in a specific shape and colour, if one side is slightly different, i have to restart from scratch! Im going to tell you how i achieve my eyebrows, products i use and any tips and tricks i may have when creating the perfect brow. Some of my favourite eyebrows belong to the likes of kylie jenner, sherylin fenn, brooke sheilds and kim kardashian. Oh and of course angelina! The look i tend to go for is a more arched HD brow with a realistic effect. I dont like my eyebrows to look too harsh or 'boxy' i like them to be softer at the front and darker at the arch and at the end, this creates a more natural looking HD brow.

1. First i prepare my skin for any plucking of hair. I apply vaseline to my brows and brow bone to help with the process, this makes the hairs easier to slide out from the follicle and it hurts a lot less. After i have them in the shape i want them, i gently dab witch hazel over them to help with the redness and swelling on my skin.

2. After i've plucked the unwanted hairs away, i use a small angled brush and dip it into my sleek eyebrow palette which is a combination of a powder and a paste/gel which is similar to the anastasia BH dip brow pot. I create definition on my brow by drawing a line with the gel under my eye, slightly lighter at the front of my brow. This outlines my eyebrows and helps with the HD effect.

3. Once i have the same line on both eyes i will then go in with the powder from the palette and fill my brows in, following the same way the hair is going and gradually building up the colour more towards the arch and tail of my brows.

4. When i get to the front on my brow, i just take whatever is left on my brush from the powder and lightly follow the hairs and then blend the whole eyebrow together. This leaves you with a kind of ombre effect which looks HD but soft and realistic at the same time.

5. To clean up my brows i will go around them with mac studio fix fluid incase i have smudged it anywhere. This also further defines the shape of the brow. Then finally i like to add a tiny bit of highlighter to my brow bone to highlight my arch.


After you have followed these steps you will be left with something a bit like this.


IMG_9482


Products & Links
Sleek Eyebrow Palette HERE
Real Techniques Brush HERE
Mac Studio Fix Fluid HERE
Eyebrow Brush HERE
Tweezers HERE


If you have any techniques to share id love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. Your brows are perfection! I've heard so much about the Sleek eyebrow kit, I might have to get my hands on it :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thankyou lovely. Its such a good buy, ive honestly had it for a whole year now and i still havent hit pan, you wont regret it!

      :) xo

      Delete