Saturday 28 February 2015




IM BACK! Finally. After a horrible few weeks without my laptop i can happily say i am back to blogging at last, and with a lovely little monthly wish list. I have had my heart set on some of these products for a while now but just could not justify spending significant amounts of money on some of them at the time. After reading some reviews on these products and hearing that they are actually worth the splurge i thought, hey why not?! So hopefully this month ill manage to pick some of these up and add them to my collection.


Becca - Shimmering Skin Perfector
I have wanted this highlighter for an obscene amount of time! At first it was partially due to the influence from some of my favourite bloggers and youtubers, then after i tested it out myself i knew i had to have it! It comes in 4 different shades which include: rose gold, bronze pearl, pale gold and the shade above which is golden opal pearl. The thing i love most about pressed highlighters is that they are so easy to apply with no mess and don't leave your face feeling sticky like i personally find with some liquid highlighters. The formula actually blends pigments with proprietary liquid binders to leave a more creamier finish which i absolutely love! Although some of my previous experiences with powder highlighters haven't been great due to lack of pigment and staying power, the Becca highlighter is super long wearing and has the most amazing pigment. I believe if you are looking for a long wearing high pigmented highlighter then this is definitely a good choice. It is a little bit pricey when you compare it with some drugstore highlighters, (retailing at £30) but i assure you this will be a great investment!

Nars - Albatross
Believe it or not i had to have a word with myself about how many highlighters i wanted to buy this month! I mean theres only so many times you can use the excuse 'each highlighter does different things' because the majority do! My ploy to myself in keeping this one on my wish list was that 'its not as sparkly' what can i say.  However, i used this last year and ever since i ran out of if i've been looking around and seeing if i love one, more or just as equally and far away from the same price. I didn't find anything i liked as much as albatross and in a way i'm glad because it is so beautiful and leaves such a natural looking glow to the skin. I do actually use this highlighter for different parts of my face to other highlighters. I tend to find this perfect for the brow bone, corner of the inside eye and down the nose and cupids bow. If you haven't tried it, you absolutely need to! it will add such a nice finishing touch to your face and give you such a beautiful glow to your skin.

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Contour Palette
Ive been looking for a contour kit with shades that suit my skin tone, i am quite pale so more ash toned contour colours are ideal for me in creating a shadow. I was torn between this palette and the kat von d one which is perfect for people with a paler complexion. The only thing that swayed me to ABH was for when i'm tanned in the summer there is a better selection of colours in the palette to work with. I really cant wait to try it out, i have been hearing so many good reviews about it! This retails for £39

Marc Jacobs Eye Shadow Palette - Lolita
I know many people love this and i am a bit late with joining the hype but i have my reasons! I initially thought to myself when i first saw this palette was that i have near enough every single shade in numerous nude kits i own so why would i spend money on colours i already have? Well, there is one particular colour in this kit that i didn't have that kept making me go back and look at the palette, its a shimmer and the first thing i thought was 'what an amazing highlight that would be' (I need to stop with highlighters) anyway, so i tested the shade out and then the others and it was love. The pigment of these is unreal, and when i tried my friends i found that they were so nice to blend and had an amazing staying power without primer. And the packaging says it all really doesn't it, that sleek travel size always tugs at my impulsive side!

LA Girl - Pro Concealer
After hearing so many youtubers talk about these concealers (including one of my faves, patrick starrr) i have caved and decided to get myself some. They are apparently super creaseless and are heavy coverage yet feel light on the skin. I am always looking for new concealers as no matter how many different brands of concealer i use, i still manage to crease under my eyes! I guess this will be yet another test to see if it works for me. Some concealers work for some people and for others not but i have a good feeling about this one after hearing so many good things about them. They retail for just £6.50.

Origins - Overnight Mask
I suffer from dry skin in the winter months and i have been looking for something that feels that my skin has benefited from. I have tried this product and i can honestly say, it says what it does on the tin. I applied it to my face after my night time routine and left it on overnight. It sinks into your pores and in the morning you just wipe away what is left the next morning, it leaves your skin feeling completely hydrated and clean - I feel like over night it pulls all the dirt from your pores to the surface and gets rid of it all when you wipe it away. Honestly this product makes your skin feel amazing, so if you suffer with dry skin i suggest you invest the £23, if you're oily i would say this product may not be suited for your skin type.

Soap And Glory - Sugar Crush Scrub
Im sure a lot of you will know how good this stuff smells! I absolutely love the citrusy smell thats infused with this scrub. I love using scrubs a couple times a week, not all the time as i have sensitive skin and it leaves me with tender skin if i use it a lot of times. I like to exfoliate my skin when i'm applying false tan especially and i think that a nice smelling one is important to help avoid that biscuit smell that comes with the majority of false tans! I cant wait to try this, it retails at £8

Armarni - Si
This smells absolutely unreal, i have wanted it since it came out back in 2013, it retails for £88.50 which includes the parfum (100ml) and other goodies that come in the box set. This smells like vanilla and cinnamon to me, it has the perfect balance of sweet and spicy scents which i absolutely love.

Mac - Flat Out Fabulous Lipstick
I have recently been looking for a new pink shade lipstick to wear for spring that compliments my skin tone and is bright yet has a deep tone to it. This lipstick has a blue undertone in it which i look for in most bright lipsticks, i feel that it compliments my skin a lot better than a warmer undertone because i am so pale. I think because its such a deep bright pink it really flatters a lighter complexion with the contrast against each other. I think any skin tone could pull this lipstick off of course! but i just feel this type of pink is more flattering on myself rather than something that has warmer undertones. It retails for £15.50 and yes the price for lipsticks at mac is steep in comparison to drug store lipsticks but i never second guess in purchasing them as i believe they are such good value for money. The staying power and the consistency of them is always perfect, and well worth the spend.

Charlotte Tilbury - Nude Kate Lipstick
The only thing i own from CT is the bar of gold highlighter which i'm obsessed with, its one of my absolute favourite highlighters. I have never tried any of her lipsticks so this will be a new try for me. I think the colour is just perfect for those days when you want a clean flawless natural look, with the right liner and gloss i think its also perfect for nights out with a bold smokey eye. I believe the lipsticks from Charlotte are very moisturising and are not as long wearing as other lipsticks out there - however if it means having moisturised lips while wearing a lipstick, i don't mind the reapplying.  They retail for £23 on the Charlotte Tilbury website, it is a steep price for a lipstick but with 'an anti-oxidant that naturally protects lips from UV damage and external pollution leaving them cashmere soft' along with the beautiful lip colour and packaging i think its worth the spend.


If any of you ladies have tried and tested these products, or are looking to try them - leave a comment below and let me know what you think, id love to find out what you thought :)


Follow me here on bloglovin
To see the latest from me, you can find me on twitter



Jayne xx



No comments:

Post a Comment