Sunday 1 March 2015

Sleek Highlighting Palette Review


With spring approaching, i've been looking to explore some drugstore cream based highlighters to give me a more dewy glow to my skin. I personally feel cream highlighters look so much more natural on the skin during the spring as it makes me look a lot more naturally dewy and fresh. I stumbled upon sleeks highlighting palette for only £10.00. You get 4 shades in the palette which are suitable for all skin tones, here's what i thought of them!



The sleek 'Precious Metals' palette comes with four different highlighting shades. They come in a beautiful silver reflective compact which includes the palette, a mirror and a small brush (of which mine was missing!) Three of the colours are of cream based consistency and the darkest colour is powder based. The colours on the swatch above starting from the darkest first are: Antique Bronze, Renaissance Gold, Royal Gold & Platinum. The colours i tend to use most are Royal Gold and Platinum. I like blending these two together to give me a bright highlight with a golden glow blended in. I use platinum on its own for underneath my brow bone and on the inner corners of my eyes. 

I don't use the two darker colours as much as these don't work as highlighters for my skin tone, i am fair skinned and they work better for me for either bronzing my face up or for my eyes as a cream shadow. The lasting power on this palette from my personal experience was probably about 4/5 hours in total. Although they look really pigmented, they do not appear as pigmented on the face. Once they are blended out they leave a natural and light looking highlight to the face - If you layered it i think you could achieve a more pigmented highlight. 

I am actually really impressed with the palette overall, what initially grabbed my attention was the packaging and how travel friendly it was! I unfortunately didn't receive a brush with mine which was quite disappointing as sleek have never let me down before with anything they have sent me so i was quite gutted about that. I was thinking of sending it back but turns out the empty pan is perfect for blending two of the creams together to create my preferred highlight shade!

If youre looking for a highlighting palette thats cheap, travel friendly and something that is cream based i suggest you try the sleek palette, it retails for only £9.99 and in my opinion is worth every penny!

Leave a comment down below and let me know what you think!


Follow my twitter/instagram to see more from me! link in bio.

Jayne xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment